Is there anything Legos can’t do? This summer, kids from 5 to 14 years of age will discover, in a series of week-long camps offered by Cranberry Township, that Lego bricks can be used in creating a huge assortment of imaginative projects, including ones that interface with the popular computer-based Minecraft game.
Altogether, eight sections of Lego creativity will be offered by Cranberry’s Parks & Recreation Department in June and July with instruction from Snapology – a Pittsburgh-based company founded by two sisters with backgrounds in mathematics and science. They include:
· Lego Animation using stop-motion animation techniques, for kids 7 to14, June 22-26, from 9:00 to noon.
· Lego Minecraft using virtual bricks to create characters, for kids 5 to 14, June 22-26, from 1:00 until 4:00.
· Lego Star Wars builds film scenes and props, for kids 5 to 12, July 13-17, 9:00 to noon.
· Lego Ninjas train for combat, Snapology-style, for kids 5 to 12, July 13-17, 1:00 to 4:00.
· Lego Advanced Minecraft takes game play to the next level, for kids 7 to 14, July 20-24, from 9:00 to noon.
· Lego Combat Robots crafts strong, agile challengers, for kids 7 to 14, July 20-24, from 1:00 to 4:00.
· Lego Amusement Park Adventure creates coasters and more, for kids 7 to 14, July 27-31, 9:00 to noon.
· Lego Remote Control Challenge builds radio controlled robots, for kids 7 to 14, July 27-31, 1:00 to 4:00.
All Lego camps are held in the Cranberry Township Municipal Center. Those registered for both morning and afternoon Snapology courses can participate in an hour-long supervised lunch period from noon to 1:00; campers must bring their own bagged lunches.
The camp program fee is $150, and for Cranberry Township residents the program fee is $145 per section. Online registration is available at either www.cranberrytownship.org/register, by phone at 724-779-4FUN (4386), or in person at the Parks & Recreation Customer Service Desk in the Cranberry Township Municipal Center. Fees are payable at the time of registration.
A complete Summer Program Guide, featuring camps, preschool, fitness classes, dance classes and more, is available online at www.cranberrytownship.org/programs.
3rd Monday an, Tuesday a, Wednesday, Thursday , and Friday an
Jun 22, 2015
Jul 31, 2015
Add to Calendar
Cranberry’s Lego camps make summer a snap
Is there anything Legos can’t do? This summer, kids from 5 to 14 years of age will discover, in a series of week-long camps offered by Cranberry Township,... More info at www.northhillsmonthly.com/events/67650/cranberry-s-lego-camps-make-summer-a-snap
Cranberry Township Municiple Center 2525 Rochester Road Suite 400, Cranberry Township, PA 16066