National Aviary Programs and Activities
- National Aviary
- 2nd Sunday an and Saturday
- Starting on: Jun 10, 2017
- Ending on: Jun 18, 2017
- 09:00AM - 05:00PM
Healthy Birds, Healthy Planet Teacher Workshop – June 10
· Saturday, June 10
· 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
· Cost: $100 includes lunch, classroom lessons and activities, live bird encounters and admission to the National Aviary
You won’t want to miss this unique content-deepening session that brings you in direct contact with our birds and bird conservation experts. Discover more about local and global conservation programs, scientific research, and education, and the integral role of the National Aviary in these efforts.
Penguin Painting – June 1, 3 pm.
·$40 per person (does not include general admission)
The National Aviary's talented African Penguins paint with their feet, giving guests a chance to take home an artistic masterpiece in our Penguin Painting program! Guests will have an opportunity to choose colors for their painting and watch the artist at work. Each guest will receive an 11" x 14" canvas.
Falconry—The Sport of Kings! – June 17
· Saturday, June 17
· 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
· $50 per person (does not include general admission)
Join the National Aviary’s certified falconer, Cathy Schlott, to discover the history, practices, and theories behind the unique sport of falconry. Explore the variety of birds used in the sport and why they are selected, and become familiar with equipment and regulations governing falconry in the United States in this 2 hour class.
Father’s Day Brunch – June 18
· Sunday, June 18
· Two Seatings: 10:30 am and 12:30 pm
· $37 (non-members adult), $19.50 (non-member child 4-10); $32 (member adult) $17 (member child 4-10 ); Children 3 and under are Free
Celebrate Dad with a NEW brunch menu delectably prepared by Chef Josef Karst of Atria’s catering! Dine in our sunny Rose Garden and enjoy visits from some of the National Aviary’s most popular and colorful birds.