Town Forum on Opioid Crisis
The public is invited to attend a town forum on the regional and national opioid crisis, which will be held Tuesday, April 11 at 6:30 p.m. at the Community College of Allegheny County North Campus.
The event is being sponsored by the Town of McCandless in partnership with the North Allegheny School District, CCAC North and the FBI Pittsburgh Field Office H.O.P.E. (Heroin Outreach Prevention and Education).
The event opens with a reception from 6:30 to 7 p.m., followed by presentations by an expert panel from 7 to 8:30. The evening will finish with a Q and A session from 8:30 to 9.
The panel includes:
• Brian Dempsey of the DEA
• Kelly Wesolosky, community outreach specialist with the Pittsburgh FBI H.O.P.E. (whose presentation will include videos produced by NA and Avonworth students; Avonworth’s video was the FBI’s annual regional award-winning film on opioids)
• Dr. Michael Lynch, medical director of the Pittsburgh Poison Center
• Alexander Hoffman, outreach specialist at Brooktree Health Services
• Chico Ficerai of the Six Steps to Sanity (a ministry geared towards families dealing with addiction)
• McCandless Police Chief David DiSanti (whose presentation will include an excerpt from the FBI and DEA documentary “Chasing the Dragon”)
The forum also will include a drug takeback event where you can drop off old and expired prescription drugs.