Magical Intimate Christmas Shopping Tour Offers Participants Red Carpet Treatment
Dec 01, 2014 10:24AM ● Published by Clare Heekin Lynch
Shop owner Nicolette TolomeoGermain knows how tough it can be to survive against the large retail establishments. To this end, she and several other Butler County women who own small businesses formed their own group, Artist Stops and Extraordinary Shops (ASES), to help get the word out about the quality services that small businesses in the area provide.
ASES’ first event, The Magical Intimate Christmas Shopping Tour, will take place this December 6-7, and offers a unique way to learn more about the businesses operating in northern neighborhoods. The tour takes shoppers from the Bottlebrush Gallery in Harmony to Nicolette's in Portersville, giving visitors a chance to meet local artists and business owners while receiving red carpet treatment. “We’re all dedicated to bringing our customers fantastic, one-on-one customer service,” TolomeoGermain shared. “We really want to encourage folks to shop local as an alternative to ‘big box’ shopping.”
There will be a total of eight stops along the self-guided tour. “We want visitors to be able to get together with friends and family and to take their time in each of our shops,” said TolomeoGermain. “They’re welcome to start anywhere and there are no rules.”
The tour will take place on Dec. 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Dec. 7 from noon to 4 p.m. Follow the Christmas Tour signs to visit:
- Nicolette’s Tailor Shop, featuring Tin Man Sweets
- Susan Walker Art, featuring Bo’s Bodyworks Natural Skincare and Licensed Massage Therapist Peggy Shaw
- Wildflower Pottery, featuring Goodies from “Batch”... Artisan Home Grown & Crafted Jarred Foods
- Appalachian Rock Shop and Jewelry
- The Enchanted Olive, featuring Mezza Luna Café
- Porter House Brew Shop beer and wine tasting, featuring Jenni Hulburt (Sunday only) with doTERRA Essential Oils
- Bottlebrush Gallery for the Arts
- The Meridian Station Gift Shop & Confectionery (Saturday only)
Three $50 gift certificates will also be given out as prizes for the following businesses: Log Cabin Inn Restaurant, Butler County Tourism (good at 100 locations) and Tin Man Sweets. The more shops you visit, the better your chances!
Call 724-368-1100 or visit https://www.facebook.com/ArtStopsnShops for more details.